SALES FINANCIAL ANALYST III
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provide financial guidance to internal and external sales organizations by providing financial insights through P&L management & advanced business analytics that will facilitate key decisions related to profitable revenue growth and optimal return on investments aligned to respective SBU objectives.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Support Field Sales teams though P&L management that delivers annual objectives while leveraging Cost-2-Serve and Total Customer Investment models through integrated planning & activation with cross-functional constituents to drive enhanced commercial capabilities
- Prepare/Analyze P&Ls that support the SBU’s Brand objectives and channel strategies, providing strategic insights for customer/channel profitability improvement for optimal ROI
- Support Quarterly Customers Business Reviews leveraging P&L and Trade Analytics Tools to drive profitable revenue growth and budget synergies that align to SBU’s Brand strategies and KPIs scorecards
- Report & Analyze Quarterly Results and Full Year Forecasts to draw insights and drive accountability with Key Strategic Accounts & Sales Leadership Team for US Domestic business focused on Sales, Total Customer Investment, Merchandising Effectiveness & Insights and Quarterly KPI metrics that align to SBU and Channel growth strategies; identifies and communicates risks & opportunities to the forecast and aligns priorities with key constituents
- Review and validate forecasted volume, trade and margin assumptions verses Sales & Marketing PPRs consensus to ensure forecasted Sales & Trade accuracy; effectively explains financial impacts on the business and oversees action plans for timely resolution and optimal revenue & profit growth
- Support Customer Segmentation and Trade Fund Allocation models in accordance to SBU strategies and Corporate AOP targets
- Holistic review of customer quotas and funding targets (Net Sales, Trade, Slotting and Customer Profit) across all channels to assess and provide recommendations to achieve quarterly and annual targets
- Work closely with cross-functional groups i.e. Sales, Supply Chain, Corporate & Brand Finance, Internal Audit and IT on key Company initiatives or special projects
Education and Experience
- BS degree from an accredited institution in Finance or Accounting (MBA preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in the CPG or adjacent industry with demonstrated proficiency of P&L management and interaction with a diversified customer base
- Knowledge of SAP, Siebel-TPM, Nielsen/IRI a plus
- Ability to travel (<25%)
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work with complex concepts, leverage multiple data streams, draw inferences from predictive and prescriptive analytical tools
- Demonstrate the ability to provide an articulated vision through the practice of “Strategic Thinking & Big Picture Orientation” to deliver optimal outcomes based on recommended short-term and long-term tactical initiatives
- Working knowledge of MS Office with strong Excel Modeling and Power Point Presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Balance Sheet and P&L relationship
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task effectively leading to decisive & agile decision making
- Excellent inter-personal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/