Head of Audit
To plan and direct the strategic management, supervision and control of internal audit policy and practice across the Bank, providing insight and independent advice to the Board and Audit Team in Pakistan, on the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls in order to drive compliance with the bank’s internal policy and external legal and regulatory obligations.
Audit Strategy and Planning
- Direct the development and seek approval for the annual internal audit plan from Head International Audit / Chief Internal Auditor, in line with risk based planning process.
- Develop and implement an effective and robust audit framework, identify and evaluate the risks to the Bank arising from its internal and external operating environment, through audit findings, assessment, evaluation, research and provides opinions and viable solutions.
- Audit Execution
- Prepare audit reports to ensure accuracy of information and gauge compliance with reporting standards and guidelines to ensure consistency in reporting.
- Highlights cases of non-conformance and business risks for potential measures of internal control. Executes non-planned investigations and other ad-hoc projects as requested in order to establish facts concerning specific instances of non-conformance, irregularities or potential risk.
- Follows up with the Bank stakeholders to ensure adherence to the audit recommendations.
Communication & Feedback
- Direct, monitor and control all audit activity at the Bank to ensure compliance with internal policy, identify and act on areas of non-compliance and to ensure that the bank operates in accordance with the expectations of all of its stakeholders including regulators.
- Communicates audit status and deliverables in a timely manner to the Head International Audit and Chief Internal Auditor.
- Develops and manages relationship with the New York Branch management to ensure smooth and timely completion of all assigned audit as per the audit plan.
- Conducts post audit debrief with the relevant stakeholders to ensure effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Review existing Bank policies, processes and practices in order to identify issues of non-compliance, in order to take corrective action and to protect the best interests of the bank.
- Lead the team to work in synergy for effective execution of audit/review.
- Oversee the operational workload of team to ensure that allocated staffs are fully utilized to achieve agreed program of work.
- Advise and instruct team members relating to risk and compliance policies relevant to work area to ensure business is not exposed to undue risk.
- Develops talent within the audit teams by providing consistent direction and support.
- Enhances team productivity through skills development through coaching and training.
- Provides internal consulting services to functions across the Bank (where required) to review, determine and build appropriate internal controls that seek to protect the best interests of the bank, while maintaining independence of Audit.
- Provide informed opinions to Head International Audit / Chief Internal Auditor on the adequacy of controls to manage key risks and compliance with internal policies and guidelines for appropriate action and decision-making.
External Auditor Relations
- Maintain effective relationship with external auditors (including BSA/AML independent testing) and regulators (where required), supporting the timely submission of required information and providing insight as required to ensure smooth conduct of external audits.
Governance and Committees
- Keeping the Head International Audit / Chief Internal Auditor abreast of developments and trends in internal auditing practices and on significant findings of audit assignments carried out by the bank in order to enhance bank’s effectiveness and mitigate the vulnerability to risk.
- Assist Head Office Internal Audit in maintaining effective oversight on service providers performing BSA/AML and OFAC independent testing audits at the Bank.
- Assist Head Office Internal Audit in conducting effective tracking of outstanding issues remaining from independent testing and BSA/AML audit reports as well as ROE.
- Formulate and review annual budgets to secure the resources necessary to achieve objectives agreed with Head International Audit / Chief Internal Auditor.
- Liaise with the US Regulators and ensure that the NY branch is adhering to the US Regulatory requirements.
- Realization of the annual audit plan for the New York Branch.
- Audits are executed within the set timelines and budgeted hours.
- Delivering high quality audit reports to the Head International Audit and Chief Internal Auditor.
- Compliance with the Audit Methodology and the US regulatory requirements.
- Positive feedback from the internal stakeholders and the regulators on the audit reports Effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Proactive engagement with the US regulators.
- Prompt identification of potential risk to the business.
- Being aware of developments in your areas and being able to apply these developments in the audit work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
CA / CFA / CPA or any other equivalent qualification.
CISA / CIA / CAMS / CFE – Certification preferred
8 to 15 years of Audit Experience in a Bank in USA
Preferred area – if with Foreign Banking Organization (FBO)
Familiarity with Correspondent Banking Business is preferred.
Must have experience of liaison with US Regulators – Fed, DFSNY or OCC.