Commercial Finance Manager
• To contribute to achievement of the financial corporate targets and to act as a strategic business partner
• Provide proactive commercial insights and transparency to enable well thought/informed marketing
• Ensure effective resource allocation through conducting Business Cases and Post Implementation
Reviews in line with Group Best Practices (PLM & DoA)
• Lead the development of strong financial and commercial awareness within the brand marketing function
• Implement best practice methodologies and tools
• Support the Commercial Finance Group Manager in driving P&E strategy and modelling P&E scenarios
• To conduct value-added financial analysis, provide accurate and timely Brand related financial
information/reports to help the Japan Group make the best decision-making and evaluate Brand strategy
implementation and overall business performance.
Internal: Top Team and Marketing Leadership Team
Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement and Marketing teams
Regional Marketing Finance Teams
External: Marketing Agencies
• University degree or similar gained from experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance positions, preferably in the FMCG Industry.
• Strong Business Acumen.
• English (spoken and written): mother-tongue or equivalent standard;
• Experience in investment appraisal evaluation is a plus
• Effective working relationships
• Accuracy and pro-activeness
• Drive for results and solution focused attitude
• Strong Leadership & Influencing skills and the ability to use those in a matrix structured organization
• Ability to articulate financial concepts in operational/marketing terms to ensure that an entrepreneurial
approach is adopted by marketing managers
• Excellent analytical skills
• Provide effective management tools and information to enable marketing managers to improve
effectiveness of marketing investment
• Acknowledged and proven oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
• High quality presentation skills
• In-depth knowledge of financial software packages (Cognos, SAP, HFM) and the classic packages
(Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Key Success Factors
• Provide timely and accurate reports/analyses for concerned managers in Brand Marketing group and
help their decision making.
• Build close relationship/communication with managers in Brand Marketing group and
Finance/Accounting group to conduct the effective spend control and perform/review financial analysis.
• Thorough understanding of goals and strategy of Brand marketing and activities.
• Proactively identify the most important issues related to marketing investments and solve the identified
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.