RAKBANK, also known as the National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah (P.S.C) a Public Joint Stock Company, is one of the oldest and most dynamic banks in the UAE. Founded in 1976, the Bank underwent a major transformation in 2001, with a shift in focus from Corporate Banking to Personal and Business Banking.
Today, the Bank offers a wide range of personal and business banking services throughout its 27 branches and its portfolio of electronic banking solutions, which include Telephone and Digital Banking. It also offers Sharia-compliant personal and business banking services via its Islamic Banking unit, RAKislamic.
Lead / assist in Internal Audits of business units, departments and functions, contributing to the delivery of the Annual Audit Plan through active participation in the execution of risk based audits.
Annual Audit Planning and Approval
• Assist Audit Management in the annual audit planning process by performing effective risk assessments to identify high risk auditable entities for inclusion in the annual audit plan
• Perform audits of allocated business and risk areas using advanced auditing techniques and data analytics
• Plan audit engagements and prepare documents including Audit Planning Memo, Terms of Reference (TOR) and Risk Assessment of the auditable entity for approval by Audit Management
• Conduct detailed walk-throughs of assigned areas with auditees and identify process / design gaps and deviations from documented processes
• Identify, analyze and evaluate audit evidence, detect and track errors, streamline risk assessment, and search for potential loopholes and vulnerabilities to arrive at reasonable conclusions
• Perform high quality, well-documented audit fieldwork in accordance with Internal Audit methodology and IIA standards within strict timelines
• Actively engage with stakeholders to understand changes to the business, perform periodic risk assessment, identify audit opportunities, recommend changes to the annual audit plan, define appropriate audit scopes, and execute audit delivery
• Discuss and agree audit findings, recommendations and action plan with auditees
• Follow up with auditees to ensure timely / satisfactory closure of all open findings on Team Mate and Team Central
Desired Candidate Profile
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner for Management review
• Engage in continuous knowledge, learning and development inclined towards best market practice in risk management, regulations, audit tools and techniques, methodology and performance standards
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills for interfacing and building effective working relationships with all levels of audit and business personnel and management
• Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
• ACA / ACCA / CPA / CIA / CISA / CFA / CRC / CRMA / FRM / or other risk management certification
Bachelors Degree in any:
• Risk management
• Finance with an audit or business focus