Finance Specialist, Treasury and Revenue Accounting
Finance Specialist, Treasury and Revenue Accounting - Malaysia, P-4
The Office of Financial Resources Management (OFRM), Bureau of Management, supports the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in the promotion of its sustainable human development agenda. It achieves this by developing and making fully operational a dynamic and harmonized integrated resource management framework based on comprehensive analysis that enhances UNDP’s financial and administrative performance, as well as facilitates UN reform and coherence. To these ends, the framework addresses strategically critical financial resource planning and management issues, including results based budgeting; the integration of the Programming Arrangements and the Institutional Budget within the context of the integrated budget from 2014 onwards; enhanced cost classification and cost recovery; capital budgeting; adherence to IPSAS; foreign exchange and investment activities; corporate reporting of organizational assets; performance management tools and initiatives; and support to UN harmonization.
Effective and efficient integrated resources management is enabled through a continuous and robust process comprising:
- Formulation and implementation of corporate financial and administrative strategies, policies and procedures;
- Formulation, alignment, documentation and implementation of UNDP’s funding frameworks, assuring their integrity, viability and alignment with the Strategic Plan;
- Provision of policy guidance, advisory services and operational support to strengthen client capacities and help them achieve results, seeking to build consensus within UNDP and with key stakeholders on critical budgetary related matters requiring Executive Board legislation;
- Administration of the organization’s internal control framework, overseeing and monitoring financial management of all global UNDP offices, including through formulation/implementation of resource planning, management and oversight tools and reports;
- Promoting clear accountability for financial transactions and producing financial statements, including financial reporting to donors and the UNDP Executive Board.
- Providing corporate reporting guidance to ensure that fixed assets are adequately recorded in all locations.
As part of OFRM's Financial Performance and Reporting Division, the Financial Performance Management Specialist directly undertakes activities and manages relationships to help ensure strategic resource planning and results based allocation of resources for UNDP Regional and Central Bureaux and Country Offices. The staff member will report to Manager, FPMR who will have the primary supervisory responsibility for setting PMD objectives and evaluating performance.
Working closely with the Manager, FPMR and the Financial Resources Management Associate, as well as his/her corporate clients, the incumbent is expected to provide effective performance assessment of financial management, resource plans and allocations. While assisting OFRM to undertake the financial performance assessment of Regional Bureaux (RBX), HQ units, Country Offices (COs) and Shared Services (GSSU) in support it its corporate oversight responsibilities, and ensuring resource management is in compliance with overall corporate goals and the Strategic Plan, s/he needs to: provide objective guidance and analyses; leverage opportunities provided by Atlas Finance application tools; contribute to and disseminate policies and best resource management practices; help prioritize the allocation of OFRM resources based upon risk analysis; and provide inputs to the corporate decision-making process.