The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of BUDGET DIRECTOR within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management.
To provide technical expertise and advice to the Financial Secretary in preparing and monitoring the annual budget of the Government of Montserrat (GoM), in addition to working with senior management in other Ministries and Departments to ensure prudent financial management of their respective budget related matters.
- Supports the development and implementation of the policy, budget format, systems and process in line with international standards and best practice;
- Prepares the Budget Call Circular and calendar;
- Supports the budget preparation process in line Ministries including the provision of training;
- Prepares the Annual Budget Estimates and draft discussion papers for budget negotiations with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analyse and evaluate budget requests, payroll expenditures and monitor requests for budget adjustment;
- Provide advice, training and supervision to Budget Unit staff;
- Prepare or ensure preparation of quarterly, annual and/or triennium economic, financial and/or budgetary forecasts for the Financial Secretary as required by the Government of Montserrat (GoM) Department for International Development (DFID), Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) and other clients;
- Maintain regular contact and excellent working relationships with local, regional and international counterparts in DFID, World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Caribbean Community (CARICOM), Caribbean Single Market Economy (CSME), Caribbean Technical Assistance Centre (CARTAC), ECCB, Organisation of the Eastern Caribbean States, Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) and Regional Development Caribbean Centre (RDCC).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant must:
- Have a relevant degree
- Have a Professional Accounting Qualification (CCAB - ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, CAI & ICAS) (or studying for one) would be highly desirable;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years experience in budget preparation and management;
- Have experience in the Public Service at a Senior Management level;
- Have experience in Economic Planning; with exposure in preparing development and capital programmes;
- Have Experience in Financial Management and Accounting principles and procedures;
- Have knowledge of Government Legislations and Regulations;
- Have an appreciation for Strategic and Project planning techniques.
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a permanent basis.
Basic Salary is at R7, that is EC$74,760.00 per annum (taxable).
- Travel Allowance $9,600 per annum (non-Taxable)
- Entertainment Allowance $3,600 per annum (non-Taxable)
- Telephone allowance $720.00 per annum (taxable)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Budget Director can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Terms-of-Reference-Budget-Director-14-5-18-Revised
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, and Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and
- Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m.
Friday 02nd August, 2019.