Finance opportunities on the Isle of Wight
Our ambitious vision is for the ‘Isle of Wight to be an inspiring place in which to grow up, work, live and visit’. To achieve this, our plan commits to provide sound financial management.
The Isle of Wight Council spends around £430 million a year on revenue and capital expenditure with an excellent track record of delivering £76 million of savings since 2011. There remains considerable funding uncertainty from 2020/2021 due to a comprehensive overhaul of the Local Government funding system.
- Competitive Package and full-time permanent positions
- Closing date for applications – Friday 31 May 2019
It is a very exciting and rewarding time to be part of the finance team working in a challenging environment to deliver the Medium-Term Financial Strategy and as a key contributor to the council achieving its ambitious corporate plan for the Island.
Following a recent restructure, including the creation of additional posts, we have several exciting opportunities for positive individuals to further develop our Financial Management service to face the issues currently challenging local government, and to overcome them successfully.
The Isle of Wight Council offers you a supportive environment to grow and develop your career, with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged and you’ll get a great feel for that, working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
If you wish to arrange an informal conversation about any of the posts, please email email@example.com with a contact number to receive a call back.
We are seeking:
- Senior Finance Business Partner – Regeneration and Neighbourhoods (£48,810 to £52,589)
- Finance Business Partners – Regeneration and Neighbourhoods/Children’s Services (two posts @ £38,744 to £40,963)
- Senior Accountant – Corporate Finance (£36,058 to £38,743)
- Accountant – Children’s Services (£30,262 to £32,886)
- Senior Accounting Technician – School Funding (Children’s Services) (£26,999 to £29,828)
- Trainee Senior Accounting Technician – Pensions & Treasury Management (£21,589 to £29,828)
- Accountancy Assistant (Part Time £19,945 to £21,166 pro-rata)