Dublin is an international capital city and is the economic engine of the region and state. Dublin City Council seeks to enhance the city’s attraction as a place in which to invest, to work, to live and to visit. Dublin City Council takes the lead role in shaping the strategic vision of the city. It provides a diverse, multilayered and evolving range of services to both citizens and visitors to Dublin, which includes the provision of housing, planning, development, environmental, roads and traffic, leisure and community services. For further information on Dublin City Council please log onto www.dublincity.ie
The Finance Department deals with the short and long term financing of the City Council’s operations, both of a revenue and capital nature. It has a key role in leading and managing an effective and responsive financial service to support service delivery. The City Council’s 2019 revenue budget is €970.9m, which provides for operational activities and is funded through rates, government grants and service charges. In addition, the three year Capital programme 2019 - 2021 amounts to €2.13b and provides for the delivery of planned infrastructure.
The Accountant will assist and report to a Senior Accountant or such other person as may be designated in the provision of financial management services to local and corporate business units. This will include specific responsibility for the development and co-ordination of revenue/capital budgets, financial management reporting systems, completion of annual financial statement, treasury management, governance arrangements and supporting strategic and operational planning.
The role of the Accountant is a challenging position for ambitious, qualified accountants with a wide range of relevant experience. The role requires an assertive, creative individual who is able to influence decisions and to manage and positively motivate staff. Financial Management, governance and stewardship are supported by this role.
Company: Dublin City Council
Location: Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8
Apply by: 5p.m. on 9th May 2019
Position / Title: Accountant
Department: Finance Department
Contract Type: Permanent position
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
How To Apply: go to http://bit.ly/DCCVacancies for full job details and how to apply
Main Content – role details
JOB ROLE: Please download Information Booklet at above link for full details
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Please download Information Booklet at above link for full details
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: Experience: have a minimum of have a minimum one year’s post qualification experience and have a wide range of relevant experience in both Management and Financial Accounting
- have an ability to work and deliver results within tight deadlines, in a changing and fast moving environment;
- be able to work within, and where necessary lead, multi-disciplined teams and have the ability to motivate, empower and encourage personnel under his/her control to achieve maximum performance;
- possess good influencing skills;
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- have well developed IT skills including familiarity with an Integrated Financial Management System;
- be able to deputise at a senior level.
- hold professional accountancy qualification with one of the professional accountancy bodies;
- have a minimum one year’s post qualification experience;
- have a wide range of relevant experience in both Management and Financial Accounting;
- have good knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations, the implications for the organisation and the employee, and their application in the workplace.
Email for Application Forms: firstname.lastname@example.org