Volunteers Needed to Serve on the Global Standard-Setting Boards
The international standards that govern the accountancy profession are an important part of the global financial architecture. We’re seeking motivated leaders to volunteer for one of three international accountancy standard-setting boards:
- International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB)
- International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA)
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB)
The standards set by these boards support transparency, accountability, market stability and economic growth. Vital to the public interest, they also support good governance across public and private sectors.
We are seeking accomplished professionals from a variety of backgrounds and expertise, including:
- Institutional investors and analysts, audit committee members, corporate governance professionals and other users of audited financial statements or assurance reports;
- Regulators and audit inspectors who have experience in financial reporting matters;
- Preparers of financial reports, including ministries of finance and treasury departments, and international organizations;
- Policy makers; and
- Standard setters with relevant experience.
Gender equality is especially important and nominations of female candidates are strongly encouraged. Although candidates are ultimately selected based on professional background and experience, nominations from Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, and the Middle East are particularly welcome to promote greater diversity on each board.