Senior Policy Analyst
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Senior Policy Analyst within the Development Planning and Policy Division of the Office of the Premier.
- Supporting the promotion of and ensure an integrated policy formulation approach within and across sectors.
- Supporting the provision of strategic guidance through the development of key strategic documents and appropriate planning and policy processes. This includes the appraisal of policies, programmes, projects and reports.
- Assist in ensuring Government of Montserrat's compliance with particular regional and international socioeconomic development conventions, commitments and implementation of initiatives.
- Conducting research and analysis on policy issues in order to guide policy development, with particular emphasis on development policy and planning principles.
- Supporting capacity development across Government in the areas of policy analysis, strategic planning and the use of participatory approaches in policy, programme and project design.
- Preparing relevant reports to support national policy formulation and planning processes.
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be assigned by the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Premier or the Director, Policy and Planning.
Applicants must have:
- a first degree in Public Policy, Economics, Sociology, Development Studies or related subject area;
- three(3) to five(5)years’ experience in the area of socio-economic policy development and analysis with managerial experience;
- a proven, key skills set covering the following areas:
- quantitative and qualitative research tools and techniques;
- spreadsheet, word processing and presentation tools;
- Economic and Social Policy research and analysis;
- report writing and oral presentation.
In addition to the above, a Post Graduate or professional qualification in Social Policy/Social Research or a closely related field would be an asset.
Salary Scale: R17-13 EC$57,312 - EC$63,648 per annum. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Travel Allowance: EC$9,600.00 per annum
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.
To apply send your completed application form along with copies of your qualification, a recent police certificate/record and a cover letter with the names of at least two referees to the Human Resources Management Unit by December 15th, 2017